Did you know that you can create your own custom Google news page? I've known this for awhile, but I just discovered a feature that I didn't know about... the ability to create your own custom search in Google News and make it public for others. You can search this directory of custom news sections and rate them. Some are created by Google; others are created by Google News users.
Here's how to find these helpful sections:
- First, login to your Google account. If you don't have one, sign up here (you don't have to have Gmail, but Gmail comes with a Google account) and go to Google News.
- In the right hand corner, click on Add a Section.
- Search for existing sections or click on the large blue banner entitled Create a Custom Section. Input search terms and view the potential results on the right hand side of the page.
- If you want to make your custom section public, click on the box that allows you to publish to the directory and then click on Create.
- You should see something that looks like this and the custom news section should appear in your news navigation on the left hand side of the page.