Friday 5: Global Awareness
Hi All –
I’ve been compiling web sites on the topic of global awareness in preparation for a trip this summer. As part of the Apple Distinguished Educator program, I am traveling with fellow ADEs and teachers associates from the George Lucas Educational Foundation to Germany and the Czech Republic this summer. Our goal is to develop a digital global awareness curriculum and the intention is to publish this next fall for all to use. Hopefully, I’ll have more to say on this subject as our trip plans develop!
I’m looking for ideas for Friday 5 themes, so let me know there is a topic that you’d like to see addressed. One list I’d like to develop would be a selection of influential people in the field of education and/or educational technology. Feel free to send me names of people you think are innovative and have important messages to tell.
1) Arthur’s World Neighborhood | PBS Kids
2) Africa Focus: Sights and Sounds of a Continent
3) ASCD’s Multicultural Education
4) Globaled.org: The American Forum for Global Education
5) World Party – an article from Edutopia
6) Mabry Global Learning Collaborative