There is an opportunity to share your work with a larger global audience coming up this November. During International Education Week (November 17-21), Steve Hargadon and I host a virtual conference focused on connecting classrooms and education for all. It's not a general ed or tech conference, but really geared towards educators who are bringing the world into their classrooms. We also have partnered with the Global Campaign for Education - US Chapter to have a strand that is focused on UN Millenial Development Goals, specifically on this one calling for universal primary education. IEARN USA has also been a long time supporter. This is the fifth anniversary of this event and we also have an ongoing community for sharing and discussion.
Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- During any time of the year, you can post a question, project or resource in our discussion forum. I blast these posts out over social media and these items are included in Steve Hargadon's Learning Revolution newsletter. If you are looking for project partners, post here... if you want to share a resource that you think is relevant and fits our mission, post here. Anytime.
- Browse our conference archives to see over 1000 presentations that have been presented over the years. Look at our YouTube channel to see examples of the keynotes who have shared their work with us as well. We've been extremely fortunate to have pretty notable people serve as keynotes. Many schools of ed and other PD programs are using these archives for course material, by the way.
- Utilize our social media resources:
- Diigo Group: https://groups.diigo.com/group/globaleducation
- LinkedIn Group: http://goo.gl/RWy5e3
- Google+: http://goo.gl/s6UmJ and http://goo.gl/Er802V
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/globaledcon
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GlobalEdCon
- Paper.li: http://paper.li/elemenous/global-education
- Sign up to present at the 2014 Global Education Conference. The call for proposals is open: https://www.smore.com/q5sx1-the-global-education-conference. We would appreciate you distributed this flyer to interested friends and colleagues as well. November 1 is the deadline for proposals; we accept them on a rolling basis.
- Attend the conference anytime from an Internet connected spot during the week of November 17. This conferences around the clock, 24 hours a day, to accommodate time zones. Here's a flyer for distribution that contains basic info: https://www.smore.com/ss0m3-5th-annual-globaledcon
Please let me know if you have any questions! I hope that you will also help spread the word wherever on the global you may be so that we can expand our reach and impact. It's really a fun, amazing experience to be a part of this community, particularly during conference week, and I encourage you to get involved!