Another blogger meme has been circulating around the blogosphere, and I've been tagged simultaenously by Cheri Toledo and Rick Weinberg. So here I go:
Here are the Rules:
- Post these rules before you give your facts
- List 8 random facts about yourself
- At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
- Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged
My random facts:
- I was born with a big strawberry birthmark on my forehead. It's mostly gone, due to some cream my parents proccurred from our family dermatologist years ago. I have no idea of the name of this cream, only that it had radioactive properties (!?!?!?) apparently, and had to be flown in from England.
- I had an amazing mother who threw the most creative birthday parties for me, not to be pretentious, but because she had a great sense of fun. One party had a Candyland theme, another had us digging for pirate treasure at our local beach, another was a Nancy Drew scavenger hunt, and the last one was based on the Preppy Handbook. Everyone had to come dressed as preppy as possible, which wasn't hard to do given the town in which I grew up.
- I played a lot of tennis as a child and into college. I've made an effort in the last few years to keep it up, but I wish I had more time for this sport.
- I also took English riding lessons, and did gymkhana at camp. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a horse and a house with a barn and a view of the Tetons.
- I went to a private school kindergarten through ninth grade with basically the same 30 people in my class.
- My major in college was Art History and I also received certification in elementary education. Art History grabbed me because I am a visual learner; I realized the power of multimedia during art history lectures. I wonder if traditional slideshow lectures have been replaced with better media these days.
- I wanted to join the Peace Corp or VISTA after college, but I never summoned the courage. I wish I had been more of a risk taker when I was younger.
- I have a propensity to enjoy fairly lame and dated music, T.V shows, and magazines. I am not particularly hip, especially with music. Use your imagination; I'm too embarrassed to admit what's on my iPod!
I am tagging:
- Lisa Harrison
- Tim Lauer
- Charlene Chausis
- Dan Schmidt
- Larry Anderson
- Midge Frazel
- Westley Field
- Cathleen Richardson